May 27, 2020
To our valued patients,
I hope this letter finds you safe and doing well. Thank you for your continued support and confidence in our practice. We are gradually opening as of June 1.Cleanings will begin starting June 15. My chief concern still remainsprotecting the health and well-being of our patients, staff, and our families. The difference now is that since I have been able to procure enough PPE as well as implement all necessary measures for the newly recommended infection control protocols, we can finally open safely!However, things will be different procedurally. As you know, I’m a big fan of being informed, so I’d like to do the same for you so there will be no surprises. These are all measures taken to decrease risk and increase safety for everyone. Extra time has been allotted between patient appointments. Only scheduled patients can enter the office at their appointed time. The door will be locked and will be opened by the staff.
So, here’s what to expect:
- You will receive a text with a COVID-19 questionnaire. You will receive this 3 days before, and also on the day of your appointment. This is a CDC requirement and a great measure to keep us all safe. We thank you in advance for your cooperation. I know that this can be annoying, but so is the presence of this virus on our planet!
- We will call you 1-2 days before your appointment to confirm. Your appointment must be confirmed in order to keep it.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your appointment and call us from your car. We will reconfirm any COVID-19 questions, take your payment by text or phone, and schedule your next appointment. (Specifics or alternate payment methods can be discussed with Maggie when confirming your appointment).
- We will call you when we are ready to receive you in the office. Please wear either a cloth or regular face mask. If you have an appointment with Sue, she will open the door for you fully dressed from head-to-toe in PPE (including a CDC-approved KN95 mask, protective eyewear, face shield, head cover, disposable gown, and shoe covers). If you have an appointment with me, it will be Yuki, dressed the same. They will check your temperature immediately with a touch-free forehead thermometer, and you will use the touch free hand sanitizer as you walk in. Gloves will be provided after sanitizing.
- Sue or Yuki will escort you to the operatory. You will notice that the front desk will also be wearing PPE. Each room is now partitioned, and is fully equipped with a HEPA air purifierand will be disinfected with wipes and a low volume fogger with hypochlorous acid (a neutral solution of salt and water that kills viruses but is NON-TOXIC to humans).
- Each operatory chair will be covered with a disposable plastic drape.
- We will provide you with an antibacterial/antiviral rinse before your procedure.
It may sound like a lot, but don’t worry, we’ll guide you through this. We are here for you if you have any questions/concerns. We miss you all and look forward to seeing you soon!
Dr. Juliana Yun
Important Information Regarding COVID-19
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
- Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- Steps When Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html